SummaryEvent Specialist Part Time Sales
Are you outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Our part time Event Specialist jobs are fun and exciting and could be a great fit for you! Join our Advantage Sales and Marketing winning team as a retail demonstrator promoting best in class products at your local retailers. Paid training, competitive pay rates, and support that only a top company can provide. You can be the brand ambassador who excels in captivating an audience during in-store events, with an emphasis on brand awareness, product demonstration and sales. The in-store brand ambassador job influences the buyer’s behavior through customer education, engagement, and enthusiastically promoting and demonstrating the product.
- Engage customers in a professional and memorable manner which creates a positive shoppers experience and generates enthusiasm for the product and event
- Purposefully move around the event area to actively engage shoppers
- Responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales
- Assess customers individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products
- Timely complete of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going personal training by required deadlines
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day
- Able to work independently and as a motivated team player
- Ability to work a part-time retail schedule, Monday through Sunday
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events
- Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC (ASM) is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies. ASM services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. Our success is fueled by having passionate associates, clients, and customers working and winning together.
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ResponsibilitiesAdvantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. ASM services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Event Specialist generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through event sampling and promotions. The Event Specialist is responsible for reading all program materials, set up and breakdown of their working area, and preparing and sampling products on scheduled event days.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct Demo Event for approximately 5 ¾ hours
- Engage the consumer by creating brand awareness and enthusiasm
- Dynamically and aggressively sell product to consumers
- Sample product to consumers (may include cooking)
- Move around cart area to approach customers within 10 feet of cart and engage them in a professional manner which generates enthusiasm for the product and the event
- May be required to expediently escort customers from cart location to other locations within store to obtain product
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Push cart weighing 52-74 lbs. distance of 150-300 feet (from storage area to event execution area)
- Carry appliances/equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet and up to 10 feet overhead
- Purchase product and supplies (requires lifting up to 40 lbs. and reaching up to 10 feet; carrying up to 40 lbs. for a distance of 5 feet)
- Assemble cart; Construct/set-up/display Point of Purchase materials- insert price signs, display product information and hoist sign with assistance up to 5 lbs.
- Set up/display product/materials on cart
Break down/clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Clean-up/Sanitize Cart
- Disassemble Cart
- Push cart weighing 52-74 lbs. distance of 150-300 feet (from event execution area to storage area)
- Return appliances/equipment (requires carrying/lifting up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet and reaching up to 10 feet overhead)
- Wash Utensils/Cookware
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
- Review event schedule
- Complete call reports and timesheets
- Attend trainings; products/ materials
- Check voice mails, emails
- Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required)High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
- Must pass online Food Safety training exam (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
- Compliance with all food safety requirements and regulations
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: ‘To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.’
Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.