Fort Lauderdale Hospital is a fully licensed, 100-bed, private hospital that specializes in the treatment of drug addiction, mental health issues and co-occurring disorders for adults and adolescents.
Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Las Olas neighborhood, Fort Lauderdale Hospital’s highly trained medical staff has been turning people’s lives around for more than 30 years by providing world-class drug rehab and mental health treatment in a safe and comfortable setting.
Fort Lauderdale Hospital’s mission is to provide compassionate, comprehensive behavioral health care services. This commitment extends to the family and community of our patients as a whole. Our overall goal is to deliver the highest quality treatment for drug abuse and mental health issues possible to help our patients achieve long-term sobriety.
The Staff Nurse (R.N.) is a registered professional nurse who prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health team members in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care and practices. The Staff Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served.
• Graduated from an accredited program of professional nursing required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Bi-lingual preferred
• A minimum of three (3) years experience in a psychiatric health-care facility treating co-occurring, mentally ill, or chemically dependent patients, with understanding of co-occurring disorders.
• Current Florida State Registered Nurse License
• Current Florida Driver’s License
• Current CPR Certification
• Successful completion of TEAM training, including appropriate use of Seclusion and Restraint, within 90 days of employment, and prior to assisting in a restraining process. Must pass a medication administration exam and complete a basic developmental competency exam.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of appropriate nursing assessment, diagnoses, & interventions with patients.
• Knowledge of milieu management.
• Ability to direct subordinates in the performance of their duties.
• Ability to accurately administer medication and monitor side-effects.
• Ability to safely implement Special Treatment Procedures.
• Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with patients and families
• Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate medical record documentation