About the Job
We are looking to hire a backend Lead Software Developer with a strong focus on PHP, Objected Oriented Programming and SQL development.
Great software development company offering 100% telecommuting option with excellent comp and benefits.
If you are a fit for this role but do not have leadership experience, please apply to this role: https://careers-protechitjobs.icims.com/jobs/4253/software-developer/job
- This is a highly technical position that involves designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining products and internal systems.
- Developers are expected to be independently motivated, smart, and productive.
- Developers are involved with, and responsible for, all aspects of the product lifecycle.
- Developers are expected to be able to quickly solve problems, write maintainable code, and adhere to quality standards. Developers must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must have team leadership experience!
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of object oriented principles and design
- Must be proficient in database concepts, SQL and familiar with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Must have experience with Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with testing and MVC Frameworks
- Professional stored procedures experience
- Triggers a plus
- Any type of database performance tuning
- Knowledge of optimization techniques and strategies
- High volume transactions experience is a plus (they handle millions a day) but he’d settle for at least 1000s of transactions per day
- Clustered or Distributed Computing experience is viewed as a major plus
- 4 year undergraduate degree or higher (with exceptions) preferably in Computer Science
- Any datawarehousing/data transformation experience
- Experience with Symfony 2.0
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and technologies a plus