Full-Time Director of Catering Sales
About the Job
Upscale Delray Beach establishment is seeking an experienced Director of Catering. This is a year round, Salary position.This role will focus on driving sales efforts by growing and developing leads, networking, following up on inquiries, and grass root sales initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities
· In this key role you will be responsible for increasing catering sales via:
o Cold calling corporations and individual prospects
o Establishing referral relationships
o Networking with club members and the community
· Perform weekly telephone research, professionally qualifying all local and regional outside catering sales calls. Appointments should be made where possible and specific information obtained prior to actual call.
· In a timely manner (24 hour period), address all inquiries and handle accordingly. Negotiate and capture all feasible inquiry business. Make accurate and solid decisions on which inquires to book and which to turn down. Effectively and in the best interest of the hotel, negotiate special menus and/or meeting room rental charges.
· Professionally greet and handle all “walk-in” business.
· Secure rooming lists, direct bill applications, tax exempt forms, VIP names, VIP amenities and complimentary rooms in a timely manner for all incoming groups.
· Effectively complete all pre-convention documents for processing and distribution to all appropriate departments.
· Conduct weekly Food and Beverage meeting and review all BEO information with Chef, F&B Manager, Banquet Manager/Captain, set up staff, Bar Manager, General Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing.
· Conduct site inspections in an efficient and professional manner.
· In a timely manner, follow-up on any and all leads from either Sales Managers or Director of Sales and Marketing.
· Make outside calls to detail or close business when necessary. This will provide a “personal touch” with new clients and make existing clients feel more valuable.
· Meet whenever necessary or requested, with clients to solidify details of upcoming meetings.
· Continually and with the highest degree of ongoing interest monitor in-house groups. Maintain at least two times daily contact and “trouble-shoot” if necessary to ensure client satisfaction.
· Educate meeting planners on hotel procedures (re: meal guarantees, set-ups, check-in/check-out procedures, rooming lists needs, etc.).
· Efficiently organize and execute hotel and/or corporate related functions to a successful conclusion.
· Cultivate and maintain an ongoing rapport with equipment distributors, exposition companies, food purveyors and special events companies.
· Contribute and work as a “team” player in all facets of this position.
· Conduct hotel tours and entertain qualified potential clients in accordance with the Company and property policies.
· Correspond with potential customers providing any requested information concerning bids, proposals, confirmation of bookings, thank you letters, follow up letters, etc. In conjunction with other office personnel, maintain accurate and up to date records of all sales department functions and transactions.
· Submit required monthly/quarterly/annual reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing, General Manager and designated personnel.
· Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in the development or research of pricing and policies updating.
· Present a clean, pleasant professional image to project a positive polished appearance to potential guests and clients.
· Perform other services and duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager. Sales managers may be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls,telemarketing, mailings, referrals, property tours, networking, tradeshows, national sales office, etc.); to maximize catering revenue to meet/exceed team group room and catering pace goals and individual sales goal.
· Manage all conventions, meetings and incentives from initial contact to completion ensuring maximum profitability and client satisfaction.
· Liaise with Sales Department at point of initial negotiations with client to assist Sales Department in providing profitable and efficient proposals.
· Administration of all convention, incentive and meetings business with close liaison with client, Rooms Division and Sales Department.
· Arrange group check-ins in liaison with Front Office management.
· Monitor group billing accounts for accuracy, and co-ordinate with Credit Manager, for delayed payments.
· Responsible for site inspections & sales calls with the focus being the introduction of new business for the hotel.
· Ensure that up to date files are kept to allow improvement of revenue forecasting and manpower planning.
· Work closely with F&B associates to ensure all aspects of the event have been cost effective and serviced both clients and hotel needs.
· Preparation of a comprehensive run down report and coordination of run down meetings for each event.
· Monitor all correspondence to ensure it meets with hotel and corporate policy and procedures.
· Review all daily food & beverage and conference charges posted to relevant accounts during each convention, meeting or incentive, to ensure that all charges are in line with run down and event orders.
· Ensure deposits, contracts, and settlements are received as due.
· Participate in the preparation of the strategic business and operating plans.
· Prepare monthly outlook/forecast reports.
· Attend meetings, as required.
· Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development and structured career pathing.
· Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
· Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
· Oversee the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
· Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all associates informed.
· Comply with all corporate and hotel standards and procedures.
· Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
· Undertake responsibility and task assigned to you from time to time by the property GM or DOSM.
· Assist DOSM with information required for monthly report to owners
- Two years of consecutive Catering Manager experience in the same establishment
· Must have a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and hear.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
408 total views, 1 today