Full-Time Events Coordinator
Debbie’s Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer
Event Coordinator Job Description
It is the responsibility of all employees of Debbie’s Dream Foundation (DDF) to support DDF’s mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of trust. We all bear the responsibility of improving the organization, communicating openly, empowering each other to excel at our work, and dedicate ourselves to including all who want to be involved.
Summary of Position
The focus of this position will be to:
(1) Produce fundraising events for DDF that support donor creation and retention while meeting and, hopefully, exceeding budgeted expectations and
(2) Develop and implement an overall communications and public affairs strategy for DDF which is tied to accomplishing our mission.
The Events Coordinator reports directly to the President of the Board, the Event Manager, and the Co-Chairs of the DDF Events and is required to attend all staff and Event Committee meetings and Board meetings from time to time.
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and can be longer around the time of major DDF events. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. DDF reserves the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Produce and coordinate fundraising events including: advertising, logistics, event sponsors, creating and maintaining vendor relations, assembling sponsor packets, collecting event RSVPs, organizing auction items, organizing and managing event check-in, registration, and check-out, organizing and managing event volunteers and creating or maintaining detailed event databases
– Work on a number of diverse events and printed materials simultaneously and meet deadlines on each to ensure accuracy and timeliness of assigned projects, effectiveness of events, success of fundraising appeals and attention to details
– Utilize database tools to analyze fundraising performance
– Work with volunteer staff on design elements and event promotion
– Assist with all communications activity for DDF including corporate communications/media relations,employee communications, sponsorships and events, community and philanthropic activities, and brand management
– Support government affairs activities
– Write and edit press releases, postings for Facebook, Twitter, our website, other print materials and email blasts
– Develop and maintain a press schedule calendar
– Develop relationships with the press and send out press releases
– Oversee, write and/or edit all materials to support and/or advertise all of the DDF events including sponsorship packets and materials, invitations and flyers for the events, collateral materials, program books, proposals, solicitation and acknowledgement letters, etc.
– Assure that materials that are developed are factually and technically accurate
– Work with the Foundation Editor on all written and printed materials
– Work with the DDF Communications Assistant
– Supervise and coordinate work of the Event Planning and Communications Interns
– Work with volunteers, donors, patients, supporters, DDF Event Co-Chairs, the Board of Directors, etc on all of the above
– Ensure optimal constituent relations, increased awareness of DDF’s resources, and continued expansion of DDF’s donor base
– The work requires a lot of time at a desk but may also require some travel to event locations, conferences, or meetings both locally or nationally
– Tight deadlines must be met with limited staff to support projects
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully:
– Two (2) years minimum equivalence in event planning, hotel catering sales experience, or nonprofit event planning
– Four (4) year college degree required
– History in planning non-profit galas/dinners of 250+ guests
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of SharePoint a plus or any other non-profit software
– Fast typist required
– Ability to lead, to follow, and the ability to know when those different skills are needed
– Expertise in building professional relationships
– Consistent professionalism
– Ability to collaborate with both volunteers, staff, donors, supporters, the Board of Directors and any other people encountered
– Fluent in English
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills at a professional level
– Strong editing and proofreading skills
– Knowledge of print production
– Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day
To apply for this position and to qualify for an interview, the following are required:
Submit the following as an Application Packet:
1. Cover letter
3. College and other degree diplomas or other verification of graduation
4. Transcript if graduated within the past 5 years
5. 2-4 letters of recommendation from non-family members
The Application packet should be sent to:
Debbie’s Dream Foundation
Two South University Drive, Suite 326
Plantation, FL 33324
or email to: Admin@DebbiesDream.org
Follow up inquiries can be made to Admin@DebbiesDream.orgor (954) 475-1200.
423 total views, 2 today