Full-Time Inventory Specialist
Multiple Full-time & Part-time roles available!
We offer amazing benefits including healthcare coverage and tuition reimbursement!
Inventory Control Specialist
Technology enhances your life – your job should too. At Microsoft Retail Stores, that is what we believe. We are the hub of Microsoft’s cutting-edge devices and services, here to provide customers with a world-class, omni-channel experience in this evolving retail world. We serve as centers of innovation, connecting customers with technology that simplifies their lives and inspires their creative potential. As a member of the Retail Stores team you will cultivate the skills to pave the way for your ultimate career path. Your unique talents, perspective, and abilities will help inform our journey and transformation as a company. We are seeking teammates who are dedicated to finding deeper meaning and purpose in their work. Join our journey – find your passion.
The Inventory Control Expert (ICE) will be responsible for all merchandise that enters and leaves our retail stores. The primary focus for the inventory team is to support the in-store customer experience while protecting the financial and physical assets of Microsoft. This person is focused on all back-of-house operations, primarily focused on shipping/receiving, replenishment and inventory control. This role involves administration and inventory management to support business demands.
- Planning, Organizing, and Executing
- Understand and apply all Microsoft’s compliance standards.
- Improve data integrity results quarter over quarter.
- Accurately receive merchandise into the retail location.
- Maintain stockroom organization per Microsoft expectations and guidelines to include all essential paperwork and records.
- Perform detailed receiving and cycle counts researching all variances; identify exceptions and shrinkage, and interact with store manager to resolve discrepancies/issues.
- Move merchandise to the sales floor so that merchandising standards and customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Accounting and reporting of inventory surplus, product returns, and any damages.
- Maintaining and overseeing the records of all products or merchandise and communicate updates/reports to management as required or needed.
- Track and provide in-stock reporting for core items, shops, guidelines, promotional events, etc., informing management of any issues/discrepancies.
- Participating in all full physical inventories of the store (minimum annually).
- Accurately ship/transfer merchandise to other locations/warehouse/vendors as directed.
Additional Skills /Abilities required
- Have a love for Microsoft, be a brand evangelist, and have a deep understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and services).
- Excellent time management skills and a high-level attention to detail.
- Lead by example, take pride in your work, and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, public-facing environment, driven to get results by directing a team.
- Flexibility with your schedule as hours will be based on business needs.
- 1+ year’s retail, customer service, stockroom, shipping & receiving, or warehouse inventory experience
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Experience in High volume retail or warehouse/back-of-house operations/inventory environment
- Experience with Shipping and Receiving
- Teaching and Training inventory process
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
456 total views, 2 today